When designing décor for a healthcare facility such as a hospital or medical clinic, art can provide warmth to a space that may feel sterile and unwelcoming. After accounting for clear hospital signage, artwork and interior design can bring much-needed color and vitality to a hospital wall. Art in healthcare facilities is important to help patients and staff feel more at home and comfortable but also present some unique challenges when designing a decor. Challenges for hospital fine art include:
- Can be sterilized – hospitals need all the surfaces that patients are around to be sterilized
- Easy to clean – healthcare workers need to be able to quickly and easily clean surfaces
- Durable – with routine cleaning using chemicals strong enough to kill germs and the possible wear-and-tear, art needs to be able to stand up to harsh treatment
Due to these requirements of any wall art or graphics, hospitals are choosing ChromaLuxe metal prints. So what is it about ChromaLuxe that makes it such a good application for healthcare facilities?
What is Chromaluxe?
ChromaLuxe is an aluminum photo panel are coated with a custom formulated multi-layer polymer finish. This provides a durable foundation for visually stunning images. Unsurpassed color vibrancy, depth, and resolution make ChromaLuxe the industry standard for professional photographers and artists.
ChromaLuxe has become more popular over the past several years because of the advancements in printing techniques. The superior fade, moisture, stain, and scratch resistant properties make ChromaLuxe metal prints an excellent choice for commercial applications.
The dye sublimation process for ChromaLuxe infuses dyes directly into the coating, providing permanent protection for your artwork. Because ChromaLuxe prints are so durable, you can trust that they will keep their quality through years of use in high traffic areas or places where conditions are less than ideal (high moisture, bright light, etc.).
Why Healthcare Chooses ChromaLuxe?
ChromaLuxe’s archival qualities, image brilliance, and durability set it apart from all other photo print mediums. With the use of dye sublimation (infusing dyes directly into the metal print) ChromaLuxe provides results that are outstandingly clear, vibrant, and well preserved for years to come, making it ideal for healthcare offices or hospitals.
ChromaLuxe (particularly in healthcare facilities) includes the following benefits:
- Scratch-resistant – The printing process infuses printing dyes into a coating using a combination of heat and pressure, creating a highly durable surface.
- Fade-resistant – The colors will not fade, even in direct sun exposure. They come with a 65+ year archival rating! Read this fade report testing by a 3rd party.
- Flame resistant – It’s metal, so there’s nothing to burn!
- Moisture resistant – Nonporous prints like ChromaLuxe are perfect for humid or tropical climates.
- Lightweight – Easy to install anywhere! Lightweight aluminum lends itself to easy transportation and greater flexibility when choosing where to hang your photography.
- Easy to clean – Can be cleaned with regular cloths and ammonia, vinegar, bleach, or any all-purpose cleaner without damaging the print and it’s nonpourous.
- Custom sizing – Router cutting allows for sizing up to 8 feet, separating one piece of art into several and even unique shaping options. Find out more on our website.
Vibrant images, durable prints, plus an easy-to-clean substrate make ChromaLuxe a premium choice for art in healthcare facilities.
Can I See an Example of Artwork in Hospitals?
It has been well-proven that art can have a direct impact on our mood and wellbeing. Dr. Michael Mersol-Barg at Michigan Reproductive Medicine is an amateur nature photographer. He chose to decorate his clinic with Artisan’s ChromaLuxe prints to turn a sterile and cold medical office into a welcoming environment, full of life.
Dr. Mersol-Barg sees the effect of calming nature photos every day! And with Artisan’s custom sizing available up to 8 feet, the doctor was able to find prints that fit well within the existing design of his clinic.
The aluminum plates used for Chromaluxe prints are extremely durable, eliminating the need for UV glass or acrylic, or even a traditional frame. Avoid the high cost of traditional framing and save hundreds while displaying your prints with a sophisticated and contemporary aesthetic.
Learn More About ChromaLuxe Art in Healthcare Facilities
The ability to clean and sanitize surfaces is extremely important when decorating hospitals and medical clinics. Choosing wall décor for its cleanability in addition to its vibrancy and durability can help eliminate the spread of germs in addition to providing patient comfort.