Want to start showing off some of your new marketing materials but worried that they’ll come out dull or off-brand? Look for a company that specializes in and provides full color printing services that will help elevate your brand.
Tools like the Spectrophotometer, used in the image above, captures, analyzes, and specifies the color of items, such as material, paper, or plastic- even fabric! – to ensure color consistency throughout the production process.
How Colors Affect Consumer Purchases
Before we cover the many ways comprehensive full color printing services can impact your marketing, it’s important to understand why color matters so much.
- Research reveals people make a subconscious judgment about a product within 90 seconds of initial viewing and that between 62% and 90% of that assessment is based on color alone. Source: CCICOLOR – Institute for Color Research
- Studies indicate that a B&W image holds consumer interest for less than two-thirds of a second, but a colored image holds attention for two seconds or more.
- Consistent color increases brand recognition by 80%. Source: University of Loyola, Maryland study
Many factors influence how and what consumers buy, but they are generally influenced by visual cues. The strongest and most persuasive visual cue is color, followed by texture. Other factors involve senses beyond sight, but color is easy to update in your marketing material, from sales collateral to signage.
Reduce Returns with Spot-on Color
Color matching is important to consumers. One reason for product returns is incorrect color representation in product marketing materials. For example, when the product color in a catalog doesn’t match the color of the product that was delivered.
Even slight differences in color can cause returns, and worse, a customer losing faith in your brand and choosing to order elsewhere.
It may seem over the top that customers would be upset about a slight difference in colors. But, if a customer has gone to the trouble of having colors matched to their interior wall color or their complexion and hair color, they could be upset with color differences.
For instance, the colors that look best on a “winter” have a blue or cool hue. If a “winter” receives an orange-based red rather than a blue-based red, they’re disappointed, maybe even angry enough to return the product and potentially never do business with you again.
High Tech Combined with Specialty Inks to Boost Your Business
Full service color matching and printing goes to an entirely new level – one that was once only available in offset printing – thanks to the new HP Indigo 7K Digital Press. From specialty inks to variable data printing, this machine is a powerhouse for printing! Here are the top four ways you can reap the benefits in your business.
- Use spot PMS colors to ensure your brand colors are accurate and consistent across all print mediums. Forget the the manufactured or emulated color you might expect from CMYK – the HP Indigo 7K delivers precise brand color.
- Entice buyers and expand their loyalty by using metallic specialty inks, or protect your brand and creative assets with invisible ink.
- Employ variable data and variable image printing to personalize your direct mail campaigns to your clients’ specific needs.
- Explore new packaging printing options. A wider variety of ink options combined with smaller print runs means you can be flexible in your designs and make frequent changes in product versions.
Staying at the cutting edge of high tech printing evolution is a priority for Artisan to best serve our customers; we were actually the first print shop in Arizona to purchase and install the HP Indigo 7K Digital Press.
Color Matching for Product Catalogs
Artisan Colour works with top retail brands like Neiman and Marcus and Sundance doing their prepress catalog work. We ensure that before these catalogs are printed, the colors and products are accurately represented.
To make certain that furniture and clothing colors in these high-end catalogs are identified and ‘captured’ precisely, we use a Spectrophotometer to get the right product color. It’s one of the few devices that read fabric colors so that our experts can color match it accurately for the final direct mail catalog pages consumers receive.
Achieve consistent and predictable print results in your catalog with custom-built color management and prepress tools from Artisan Colour. See more of what Artisan has to offer here.
Attracting Buyers & Clients with Good Color Choice
Beyond consistent brand colors, designing your print marketing with the right colors to appeal to your target audience or to entice an action can help you achieve your marketing goals.
Below are some of the ways colors can influence consumers.
- Blue, red, and green are universally liked by men and women with blue taking the top spot.
- Impulse shoppers are most influenced by black, royal blue, and red orange.
- Budget shoppers are most influenced by navy blue and teal.
- Traditional shoppers are most influenced by pink, sky blue, and rose.
Bring your Brand Colors to Life with Full Color Printing Services
Artisan Colour is known for our color expertise – color is in our DNA – in fact, we believe it’s so important that it’s in our name! Our specialists understand the impact of color and will help guide you through every step of the full color printing process; services include:
- Prepress color matching
- Photo retouching and color correction
- Large and small format printing
- Product photography
- Web to Print (print on-demand) services
Why Choose Artisan? Color Expertise!
We’re more than printers – we are a color management company. Our color experts at Artisan Colour will make your brand stand out in the crowd. With over 20 years of experience, Artisan’s modern print technology will provide your business with the quality printing you need to win over your customers and inspire brand loyalty.
Our industry knowledge, full-service focus, and high-quality print products are a dynamic combination that can make all the difference.
As a commercial print partner, Artisan offers large and small format printing, but our capabilities extend beyond print. We also provide pre-press, professional photography, product management, and in-house creative services to make your marketing plan a one-stop project.
Ready to get started? Contact us about our full color printing services today!